Copyright 2013. Martin Boland. All rights reserved.
Pick Between Two Bear Viewing Trip Packages
Classic Trip :
The day begins at our hangar at the Homer Airport, where you’ll get fitted for hip waders, and receive a safety briefing from Martin. Then take to the skies on a fantastic 35-min. to 90-min. flight, depending on what National park you visit. You will soar over inlets, mountains, volcanoes, and glaciers. On a clear day, you can see up to 10 volcanoes along the route. This is our most popular bear watching tour.
Land on the Beach of Katmai National Park or Lake Clark National Park and walk about a mile or two from the beach through grassy meadow or river to a vantage point to observe brown grizzly bears in their natural habitat. Watch them play, clam, mate, eat sedges and later in the summer–fish for salmon in their natural habitat — a truly majestic experience! The tour includes air transportation, professional bear/naturalist guide, National Park fees, hip waders, digital photos of your trip, and all safety equipment. After three hours or more with the brown bears, board the plane for the return flight to Homer, again enjoying 45 min or 90 min scenic flight. The entire trip takes either 4.5 or 7 hours, depending on the location. At every bear viewing location there will be at least three hours on the ground. One parent per child under 8 years old. Please no candy or soda for kids before/during flight.
Reserve Your Dream Trip Today!
* We have two Cessna 206 aircraft, they can take 5 people each. $725 pp. $30 discount for cash.
* Our aircraft seats have a weight limit of 250lbs or 115 kg. If you are 15 lbs over 250 at the hangar no refunds.
* Because of the different low tide times or weather, departure times can vary from 5:30 AM to 4 PM.
* Bear viewing season is May 15th to Sept 21st. Skip to May-Sept to book a trip.
* A gratuity for your guide is customary in the tour industry if their services exceed your expectations. However, a TripAdvisor review is appreciated more that a tip.
Our web site booking system Peek charges $695+ taxes and fees. $725 total. If you cancel any time before 30 days prior to your trip you will receive a full refund less a 10% administrative fee. After that time any payment is non-refundable. 30 or even 60 days is not enough time to rebook your reserved seats. Cancellation by Scenic Bear Viewing due to weather or safety issues will be refunded 100% of price paid. In the event we cancel due to weather or safety issues you have the option of a refund or to reschedule on a space available basis. We strongly recommend travel insurance for unforeseen circumstances that may cause last minute cancellations. It's a good idea to plan at the least 3-4 days in Homer for possible weather delays. The worst thing to do is to schedule bear viewing for your last day in Alaska then try to drive 4 hours to catch a flight in Anchorage.
For some people, three hours with the bears is just not enough. This is our exclusive top quality trip. Take the same thrilling flight in a bush plane with Martin to multiple locations for Alaska bear viewing and amazing photography. After a 35 to 90 min flight-seeing tour from Homer, touch down on the beach of Katmai National Park or Lake Clark National Park and hike to premium vantage points to observe bears in their natural habitat. These premium Alaska bear trips allow you to explore the bear viewing area for a longer time, at a more relaxed pace, and in a small group of one to ten people with one guide. This premium trip is an 8-11 hours total trip time. It includes air transportation, flexible multi-location itinerary, professional bear guide, hip wadders, National Park Fees, digital photos, and 5-9 hours with the bears. The premium trip is dependent on tides, contact Martin for availability. Some days it's not available because of the tides.
* $5,500 one to five passengers or $10,000 for six to 10 passengers.
* Both trips involve hiking 2-3 miles in hip waders. This is an active wilderness adventure.
* The flight-seeing is weather dependent.
* Lake Clark National Park has a wheel chair for one viewer per trip with advanced notice.
Contact Martin for more info.