- Air transportation
- Professional bear/naturalist guide
- Hip waders
- Digital photos of your trip
- All safety equipment
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
ALASKA BEAR VIEWING FLIGHTS FROM HOMER
An Unforgettable Alaskan Wilderness Experience!
The day begins at our hangar at the Homer Airport, where you’ll get fitted for hip waders, and receive a safety briefing from Martin. Then take to the skies on a fantastic 35-min., to 90-min. flight, depending on what national park you visit.
You will soar over inlets, mountains, volcanoes, and glaciers. On a clear day, you can see up to 10 volcanoes along the route. This is our most popular Alaska bear viewing tour.
We land on a remote beach on state land near Katmai or Lake Clark National Park and hike to vantage points to observe brown grizzly bears in their natural habitat. Watch them play, clam, mate, eat sedges, and later in the summer fish for salmon in their natural habitat — a truly majestic experience!
After three hours or more with the brown bears, board the plane for the return flight to Homer, again enjoying a 45-min. or 90-min. scenic flight. The entire trip takes either 4.5 or 7 hours, depending on the location. At every bear viewing location, there will be at least three hours on the ground. One parent per child under 8 years old. Please, no candy or soda for kids before/during flight.
RESERVE YOUR DREAM TRIP TODAY!
- We use the 5-passenger Cessna 206 aircraft. Very well proven and safe. No floats or water landing risks.
- Our aircraft seats have a strict weight limit of 250lbs or 113 kg.
- Because of the different low tide times or weather, departure times can vary from 5:30 AM to 4 PM.
- Bear viewing season is May 28th to Sept 24th. Skip to May-Sept in the calendar to book a trip.
- A gratuity for your guide is customary in the tour industry if their services exceed your expectations. However, a Tripadvisor review is appreciated more than a tip.
WHAT TO BRING
- Camera, memory cards, and batteries
- Bug dope (DEET)
If you cancel any time before 30 days prior to your trip you will receive a full refund less a 10% administrative fee, this refund excludes any booking fees. After that time any payment is non-refundable. If you have to cancel for a Covid 19 positive test it is a 90% refund up to your trip. A positive test proof is required. Cancellation by Scenic Bear Viewing due to weather or safety issues will be refunded 100% of the price paid. In the event, we cancel due to weather or safety issues you have the option of a refund or to reschedule on a space-available basis. We strongly recommend travel insurance for unforeseen circumstances that may cause last-minute cancellations. It’s a good idea to plan at least 3-4 days in Homer for possible weather delays. The worst thing to do is to schedule bear viewing for your last day in Alaska then try to drive 4 hours to catch a flight in Anchorage.